RATES & AVAILABILITY
The Summit Prairie Lookout
From $250 per night
Accommodates up to 4
1 queen-sized bed
2 twin-sized beds
Booking at https://www.airbnb.com/h/summitprairie
WE ARE COMPLETELY BOOKED THROUGH JULY, 2023.
Our late summer/fall (August, September, October) booking date is June 4th, 2023 at 9 a.m.
See information below about booking.
Our 2023 season will run March 30, 2023 through mid-November, 2022.
PLEASE READ OUR BOOKING INFORMATION BELOW SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND OUR BOOKING PROCESS.
Our 2023 booking date will be Feb 26th, 2023 for Apr/May/Jun/Jul bookings & Jun 4th, 2023 for Aug/Sep/Oct bookings. Sign up for our cancellation/booking notification list above and we'll send you a reminder of the booking dates and times.
HOW OUR BOOKING PROCESS WORKS
On FEBRUARY 26TH, 2023 at 9 A.M. Pacific Daylight Saving Time, (not 8:59 a.m., not 9:01 a.m.) our calendar on Airbnb will become functional for APRIL, MAY, JUNE AND JULY, 2023. There will be a 4 night minimum, for a Thursday until Monday stay only. Promptly at 9:15 a.m., the calendar will be functional for a 3 night stay, Monday until Thursday only. The only check in days are Monday or Thursday, for a 3 night stay or a 4 night stay. We do not offer any 1 or 2 night stays. On the 2022 booking dates, all dates were booked within a couple of minutes of opening the calendar.
We will repeat this process on JUNE 4th, 2023 for AUGUST, SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER, 2023 bookings.
We will book NOVEMBER after fire season, probably early October, when we know if we will need to move reservations around in case we have to close for fires (as we did in 2021).
Sign up for our BOOKING/CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION LIST above and we'll send you an email reminding you of the booking dates and times.
SOMETHING TO BE AWARE OF THIS YEAR
Since we are now both in our mid-60’s and 70’s, we are finding it more difficult to live off grid full time during our season. With this in mind, we are exploring different options for you. Last year we hired someone to do "turnovers" for us when we were not there, but that proved to be somewhat sporadic. In the event we are unable to have someone to do a turnover, or we aren't there ourselves to do the turnover, we will leave a laundry bag with clean bed linens and towels for you, along with instructions on cleaning up when you leave. We do plan to be at Summit Prairie for at least a week or so each month to make sure everything is thoroughly cleaned, in good working order and supplies are stocked.
We will let you know a few days in advance whether or not we will be there or if someone will be able to be there to prepare the place for you. If we or someone else will not be able to be there, we will refund you $100 (the amount we would have paid someone to turnover the place for you). We realize that this may not be everyone's idea of a great vacation, so please be aware of that before you book.
At this point we have yet to pin down exactly when we'll be at Summit Prairie each month. It will have a lot of do with who our guests are and what our personal schedule is like. More than likely we'll be there at the end of the month/beginning of the following month but again, those dates aren't set quite yet.
PRIORITY BOOKING FOR LARGE GROUP EVENTS AND WEEK LONG STAYS
We also offer "Large Group Events" - prices start at $450 per night for up to 20 people (camping in tents) and an additional $10 per person up to 30 people. The same 3 night (Monday to Thursday) or 4 night (Thursday to Monday) minimums apply. We limit Large Group Events to 2 per month so contact us soon if you're interested.
If you're interested in a Week-Long Stay (Monday to Monday) please contact us so we can hold a week during the 2023 season for you. Once we start booking, there won't be any contiguous weeks available.
Our booking notification list has over 1,600 names on it and is growing by the day. We can only take 65 reservations each season so please understand that not everyone will get a booking. Some guests try for several years before they are able to get a booking and realistically, some guests may never be able to get a booking.
When we open the calendar, we will have already booked our previous guests (which we are limiting this year), our week long stays and our Large Group Events so there probably will only be 6-10 available sets of dates. We will list the available dates on this site the day prior so guests know what dates will be available on the booking date.
Please don't request a booking for the dates open in 2025 - we won't book 2025 until early March of 2025. We only leave those dates open so we appear in searches and guests can contact us if they have questions . If you do request those dates, we will decline them - sorry!
Sign up for our Booking/Cancellation Notification list on the form above.
Once you book your dates, you won't be able to change them as we will be completely booked for the season. You also will not be able to change the number of nights but you can cancel your reservation and if we're able to rebook the dates, we will give you a full refund, less a $50 rebooking fee (this is less strict than the Airbnb strict cancellation policy of 50% refund up to 2 weeks prior to arrival and no refund 1 week prior to arrival).
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST A BOOKING UNTIL YOU ARE CERTAIN THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO COME THOSE DATES. Check your time off from work, your friend's availability, flight schedule and costs, etc. Guests who cancel, even if it is within the 48 hour free cancellation period, are automatically removed from our Cancellation/Booking Notification List. Sorry, we've had a real problem with this!
TIPS FOR GETTING A BOOKING
1. We typically book our season at a specific date and time. Sign-up for our Booking Notification List using the form above.
2. We highly recommend that you book using the Airbnb website on a computer, not your cell phone.
3. Make sure your Airbnb profile is filled out completely including a clear photograph of yourself, your government ID, what city you are from and a little bit about yourself. Our intention is not to discriminate against anyone but when we see an incomplete profile we feel like a guest is trying to hide something. We've had guests that were able to secure dates only to lose them before confirmation because they didn't have their profile completed. That is an Airbnb requirement, we're not in control of that.
4. Have all of your credit card information completed on your profile and your ID verified. Booking will happen very quickly and you will not have time to add credit card or ID information when the calendar opens.
5. Refresh your browser frequently. The entire booking window lasts less than 10 seconds. Don't worry about sending us a message when you send us your booking request - someone else will grab the dates while you're typing your message! (you can just type fjfjfjfjfj) After the calendar appears full, continue to check back over the first 48 hours - guests frequently get overly excited when booking and dates that appear to have been booked end up opening up again. We will announce on the site when all dates are filled and booking is completed.
6. Be flexible on your dates. All of the weekend dates and many summer mid-week already have been booked by our previous guests, week long stays and Large Group Events so most of the dates available will be mid-week.
7. Once you book your dates, you won't be able to change them as we will be completely booked for the season. You also will not be able to change the number of nights but you can cancel your reservation and if we're able to rebook the dates, we will give you a 90% refund (this is less strict than the Airbnb strict cancellation policy of 50% refund up to 2 weeks prior to arrival and no refund 1 week prior to arrival).
8. If you're unable to get a booking, sign up for our booking/cancellation notification list above. We usually get 5 to 6 cancellations during the season and the sooner you get on the list, the more chances you will get to book.
9. Finally, we do know that it is extremely difficult to get a booking with us and a complete hassle so we are extremely appreciative of you guys that stick with us through this process!!
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you someday at the Summit Prairie!