RATES & AVAILABILITY
The Summit Prairie Lookout
From $225 per night
Accommodates up to 4
1 queen-sized bed
2 twin-sized beds
Booking at https://www.airbnb.com/h/summitprairie
Our 2022 season will run March 31, 2022 through mid-November, 2022.
PLEASE READ OUR BOOKING INFORMATION BELOW SO YOU WILL UNDERSTAND OUR BOOKING PROCESS.
Our 2022 booking dates will be at 9 a.m. Pacific Time on SUNDAY FEBRUARY 27TH, 2022 for April, May, June, July 2022 bookings AND 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Saving Time on SUNDAY JUNE 5TH, 2022 for August, September, October 2022 bookings. We will book November after fire season.
HOW OUR BOOKING PROCESS WORKS
On Sunday, June 5th at 9 a.m. Pacific Time, (not 8:59 a.m., not 9:01 a.m.) our calendar on Airbnb will become functional. There will be a 4 night minimum, for a Thursday until Monday stay only. Promptly at 9:15 a.m., the calendar will be functional for a 3 night stay, Monday until Thursday only. The only check in days are Monday or Thursday, for a 3 night stay or a 4 night stay. We do not offer any 1 or 2 night stays. In 2021, all dates were booked within a few seconds of opening the calendar.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book an entire week stay - either Monday to Monday or Thursday to Thursday. We have a few full weeks available and will book those in advance of our booking dates.
We also offer "Large Group Events" - prices start at $425 per night for up to 20 people (camping in tents) and an additional $10 per person up to 30 people. The same 3 night (Monday to Thursday) or 4 nights (Thursday to Monday) minimums apply. We limit Large Group Events to 2 per month and we only have August 11-15 available. However, some may not end up booking so please let us know if you're interested and we'll be in contact with you if a different weekend opens up.
We will book November after fire season, probably early October, when we know if we will need to move reservations around in case we have to close for fires (as we did in 2021).
Our booking notification list has over 1,600 names on it and is growing by the day. We can only take 65 reservations each season so please understand that not everyone will get a booking. Some guests try for several years before they are able to get a booking and realistically, some guests may never be able to get a booking.
When we open the calendar, we will have already booked our previous guests (which we are limiting this year), our week long stays and our Large Group Events so there probably will only be 6-10 available sets of dates. We will list the available dates on this site the day prior so guests know what dates will be available on the booking date.
Please don't request a booking for the dates open in 2025 - we won't book 2025 until early March of 2025. We only leave those dates open so we appear in searches and guests can contact us if they have questions . If you do request those dates, we will decline them - sorry!
Sign up for our Booking/Cancellation Notification list on the form above.
Our 2022 season runs March 31, 2022 through mid-November, 2022.
TIPS FOR GETTING A BOOKING
1. We typically book our season at a specific date and time. Sign-up for our Booking Notification List using the form above.
2. We highly recommend that you book using the Airbnb website on a computer, not your cell phone.
3. Make sure your Airbnb profile is filled out completely including a clear photograph of yourself, your government ID, what city you are from and a little bit about yourself. Our intention is not to discriminate against anyone but when we see an incomplete profile we feel like a guest is trying to hide something. We've had guests that were able to secure dates only to lose them before confirmation because they didn't have their profile completed. That is an Airbnb requirement, we're not in control of that.
4. Have all of your credit card information completed on your profile and your ID verified. Booking will happen very quickly and you will not have time to add credit card or ID information when the calendar opens.
5. Refresh your browser frequently. The entire booking window lasts less than 10 seconds. Don't worry about sending us a message when you send us your booking request - someone else will grab the dates while you're typing your message! (you can just type fjfjfjfjfj) After the calendar appears full, continue to check back over the first 48 hours - guests frequently get overly excited when booking and dates that appear to have been booked end up opening up again. We will announce on the site when all dates are filled and booking is completed.
6. Be flexible on your dates. All of the weekend dates and many summer mid-week already have been booked by our previous guests, week long stays and Large Group Events so most of the dates available will be mid-week.
7. Once you book your dates, you won't be able to change them as we will be completely booked for the season. You also will not be able to change the number of nights but you can cancel your reservation and if we're able to rebook the dates, we will give you a 90% refund (this is less strict than the Airbnb strict cancellation policy of 50% refund up to 2 weeks prior to arrival and no refund 1 week prior to arrival).
8. If you're unable to get a booking, visit the summitprairie website and click on Booking Information. Or send an email to summitprairie at the email of the world's most popular search engine (starts with a G) and we'll add you to our Cancellation Notification List. We usually get 5 to 6 cancellations during the season and the sooner you get on the list, the more chances you will get to book.
9. Finally, we do know that it is extremely difficult to get a booking with us and a complete hassle so we are extremely appreciative of you guys that stick with us through this process!!
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you someday at the Summit Prairie!